A Little Weekend Catch Up

April 3rd finally arrived this past Thursday after a month and a half of waiting for it. Hubby and I went and saw the comedian Jeff Dunham in Birmingham. We sat second row center. The show was awesome! My face hurt from smiling and laughing so much. Burst Laughing He did some Christmas bits as a little test run for an upcoming DVD and Comedy Central holiday show he going to be doing. If you like Jeff Dunham, be on the look out for Peanut and the Night Before Christmas story. HILARIOUS! We didn't get home until 3am, but it was well worth it.

We are short staffed at work and the ladies there are busy, busy this month going here and there. So I am picking up some full days of work this month. Friday happened to be one of those full days so working on 3 hours of sleep was a challenge Sleepy , but I welcome the extra money.

Club MeSaturday morning I made a "no other choice" trip to the walk in clinic which was a nightmare (as I expected it would be). I no longer have medical insurance so it was an expensive trip which will prove to be even more costly when I receive the bill for the lab work I had to have done. The nightmare continued today when I went to get the meds filled that I was prescribed, only to find out that the stupid bitch of a Doc I saw prescribed a $100.00 med, which I can not afford on a monthly basis. This is after several conversation about not having insurance, being off the med in the first place because I could not afford it, and specifically telling her I need a generic drug that I can afford because I will be on it for a long time. Thanks, you heifer!
Pillow The weather was crummy on Saturday, my morning was crummy, so after the tball game and some lunch I went home and pretty much slept the rest of the day away.

Giraffe As for Sunday, we spent the morning at the Zoo for Zoo weekend. Travis won tickets on the radio for it. Just like the movie tickets, we received 4 tickets and only needed 3 so we gave one away to a couple and their young son that we had parked next to. They were very thankful and I am glad we could offer it to them. They had games for the kids and blow up stuff and we rode the train. There were also Camel and Pony rides, but Cameron passed on those. We finally got to see the new baby elephant out with the other elephants. They also have a new sea otter exhibit that was fun to see. So we had a nice time and went first thing in the morning before the after church crowd came in.

We came home for some house cleaning and then back out to visit the new Michales craft store. It's really nice and is very open inside the store. The old store seemed very cramped and closed in. I didn't have a lot of time to look around, but it appears they have some brand new stuff. It's very close to Cam's school so I will have to check it out some more one day this week before I pick her up.

Cooking Dinner We stopped off at the grocery store for some essentials and Travis decided he wanted to cook tonight. Shock 2 This is an event that only occurs once or twice a year so it was a nice treat. He fixed cubed steak, garlic bread, corn on the cob and baked potatoes. It was very yummy and a nice Sunday dinner. We don't often eat together at home as a family, it is usually just Cam and I, so nice family dinner.

The dishes are done, the house is clean, the laundry is almost done, and Cameron has been bathed and put to bed. I think I am going to pop Alvin and the Chipmunks in the DVD player and go to bed. I love this movie by the way. We have been watching it all weekend (courtesy of Netflix). It's a cute movie! Cameron had gone to see it at Christmas with my parents and they all came back with good reviews so I couldn't wait to see it myself.

Hope everyone had a good weekend!

0 comments: