After 20 Years, It Was Actually Kind Of Fun

I did something this morning for the first time in about 20 or so years. I went to the library and checked out a book for my reading pleasure. LOL Honestly, the last time I checked out a book from a library just to read I was in 7th or 8th grade. I know it sounds strange, but I like to have my own books. I like the book to be new and to be able to put it on the book shelf when I am done. I don't know why I feel the need to have the book. Maybe it is a sickness. I do not re-read books. I may have something that someone wants to borrow, but that is not an everyday occurrence. Maybe looking at them on the book shelf gives me a sense of accomplishment. About every 5 or 6 years though I do pack most of them up and haul them to the trade in book store and purchase some gently used books. So it is not like I have every book I have ever read.

Anyhow, back to the library. In my efforts to cut down on my spending, I decided I should get my next book from the library rather than spending 10-12.00 on buying one. I was actually nervous about it. I didn't think I would like having to look through aisles, and having that deadline stamped on the booked of when I had to return it. I know I can renew the book if I don't finish it in time, but the thought of having a 'limit' bothers me. Well let me just say I will be visiting the library a lot more often. It was kind of fun browsing the books, not to mention I had forgotten about that crisp sound you hear when you open some of the books. You know, the sound that the plastic cover protector makes?? LOL

I checked out John Hart's The Last Stand. Cameron and I went to lunch after school shopping today and I started the book while she played on the indoor play thingy. I am about 50 pages into it and it is good so far. I am looking forward to going to the library for my next book. Cameron checked out a couple chapter books as well. I have taken her to the library for books several times, but it never once crossed my mind to look for a book for myself. Crazy.


ETA: This past week I read a book Called Forgive Me by Amanda Ward. If anyone has read this book I would love to have a little chat with you. I spent about 15 minutes after finishing the book trying to make sense of it. Maybe someone can help me understand it a little better.

0 comments: