Congrats Dad and Team!

My dad just finished his 300 mile bike ride for Make A Wish up in Michigan. How awesome is it that Cameron and I were able to see him finish all the way down here in Alabama thanks to the live feed from the Make A Wish website!! I was able to capture a screen shot of it. He's a little blurry, but that's him getting off his bike and that's my brothers FIL behind him.


This is my dads 2nd year doing the Wish A Mile. It is a 300 mile bike ride from Traverse City Michigan to Chelsea Michigan. They ride 100 miles each day for 3 days. He raised $1,723 exceeding his goal of $1,500. His team (14 riders) raised a total of $22,007 exceeding their goal of $21,550. The even of 800 rides is hoping to raise 1.6 million which will grant 200 wishes. I am not sure of the total yet, but last report was $1,554,732.67
WAY TO GO RIDERS!!!


ETA:
The local paper did a news story on them before the ride. John is my dad, Theresa is my brothers wife.

0 comments: