Mommy Brag

Reading My 5 year old read me an entire book tonight with no help. It was a book she got from the school library called All The Balloons. She is doing so well with her reading and it really makes a Mama proud to listen to her read.
I'm Proud Of You

They had their second (of 3) DIBELS (Dynamic Indicators of Basic Early Literacy Skills) assessment at school. Each time the assessment is given there in increased benchmark score for each of the 4 areas they are scored on. She has already scored 13 to 32 points higher than the benchmark scores they need to be at by the end of the year when the 3rd assessment is given. And she exceeds the class averages in 3 of the 4 areas. Not bad for her being just 4 months past her 5th birthday. For the first month of school I had doubts if we were doing the right thing starting her in Kindy this year because she was still 4 during the first 3 weeks of school. Seeing that she is not struggling academically to keep up with the other kids reinforces our reasons for starting her this year. It easies my mind.

I hope she continues to excel in reading and that it never becomes something she dreads having to do.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

How wonderful! WTG Cam :-)

Dawn said...

btw, thanks for the nice comments on my blog. Thanks for looking!

I should have put the blog up ages ago!