It's Been A While

I guess I should update with something. Nothing much to report with the weight loss unfortunately. I have been in a holding pattern for about the last 6 weeks and just when I was going to throw in the towel, I lost 3 pounds last week. I need to lose 2 more to reach my 50 lb mini goal. I lost nothing this past week, which I guess is better than a gain, but still. I'm going to keep going though.

Cameron is doing really good in school. They had picture day yesterday and she was excited to wear something other than her uniform. I have to say that I am a little sick of the fundraising. She brought home her 3rd fundraiser information yesterday. She has 2 going on at the same time and had one last month. The kids have only been in school for 9 weeks. I think that's a bit much. Not to mention Spirit Night they have once a month at Chick Fil A which the school gets back 10% of each purchase. And the 4 week Box Top Bowl that ends today. There is an Alabama & Auburn team competing each week to see who can bring in the most box tops (school gets .10 for each box top). .10 doesn't sound like much, but they have brought in over 2,000 box tops each week for the past 4 weeks. I would like to see the school budget to see where all the funds are going. It certainly doesn't go for basic supplies in the classroom.

We are going to the fair tonight and you couldn't ask for a better day. We thought about going Monday night, but it was in the 90's and real humid. It's in the low 70's today and will get in the low 50's overnight so it will be a perfect night to go! Cameron is real excited. She went for the first time last year and has been waiting for it to come back ever since.

I am actively job searching right now. With Cameron at school full time, I am feeling pretty useless being at home all day. I thought I would enjoy having all that time to myself, but it really hasn't been a good feeling. A second income would also be really helpful right now, so I am on the look out. If you know someone who is hiring (and it isn't a retail job), let me know.

0 comments: