Seeking Information On Doll Crib


This is a doll bed that I had as a child. My mom bought it at a yard sale and doesn't have any history on where is came from or how old it is. I have had it in my attic for the past 2 years and decided to bring it down for my daughter to play with (she already has her babies in it). I would like to find out some more information on it, particularly when it was made. Because of the style and decoration on the bed I think it is safe to say it is at least 30 years old. There are no markings of any kind on it. I guess it is possible that it is handmade, but if it is it was done by a very skilled person. On one side the rails drop down just like on a real baby crib. If anyone out there knows of a place online where I could search something about it, or if you have seen a doll bed like this before, please drop me a line.

Outside end of bed

Inside headboard

2 comments:

Jenna said...

I remember as a child I either had this bed or a friend had it. Wow!! I had forgotten about it. It sure does bring back memories. I think it was made by a manufacturer. Not sure of the name though. I was born in 1972. So you are right when you say 30 years old.

Billie said...

My parents gave me one just like this when I was six years old in 1957. At least you have an age for it.