It's Finally Over

We officially closed on the house at 2:00 today. I don't think it has quite sunk in yet. 21 months with such a heavy weight on our shoulders and it has finally been lifted. During the whole closing session I kept waiting for something to go wrong, something that would delay or void the sale. Even when the attorney handed us the check I was still prepared for him to snatch it away at the last minute. I'm dead serious. When we got back in the car to leave I just let out this deep sigh of relief.

So what did I do to celebrate afterward? I went to the paint store and picked up the paint for my scrap room! LOL Then we went to Home Depot and I showed hubby the countertops I wanted and what kind of molding I want to use to make stamp shelves. I am hoping with some help from me that hubby will be willing to clean his stuff out of the room so we can paint. Travis does a lot of painting so he can knock the room out in about 2 hours. Yippeeeeeeeee! I am so excited! I can't wait to start shopping for the stuff for the room.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Melissia that is so awesome! I am extremely happy for you!

Jen said...

Yippee!! I'm so glad for you!! I remember that relieved feeling! :)