The Gears Are Turning

My brain has been on overload this morning. As I was walking through the house doing some cleaning I was also taking notes on all the crap that we will be putting in the neighborhood yard sale that will be coming up. I am not exactly sure what sparked the idea, but I now have detailed plans to take over my husbands 'man room'.

We have one extra bedroom and when we moved in we agreed that DH needed that room so he could keep his computer and all his junk in it and out of sight. I took half the dining room for my scrapbook area and Cameron has the other half for her play area. Well DH doesn't really use his desktop computer anymore, he uses his laptop which stays in the living room. He just purchased a huge storage shed for all his tools and built a work bench in it. So lately the room has just been a place for him to throw his junk in and shut the door. What a waste of a good room. A room that I would love to have for my scrapbooking and crafts. Not just my own space, but my very own ROOM.

I have it all worked out in my head. I will keep DH's computer desk, move my computer stuff from the bedroom into there, get rid of my desk and bring the nice rocking chair back out of the attic for the bedroom. Our walk in closet is half full with my craft stuff which will be moved into the room and DH can use the shelving for his 'toys' that he doesn't want to keep in the shed. Then my scrap stuff can be moved to the room giving Cameron a lot more play area and more space for her toys. It's perfect!

So when hubby gets home from work I am going throw the idea out there. I think he would go for it now that he has his shed. The only thing he might not be convinced of is allowing me to paint and decorate the room as I wish. He isn't real big on bold colors in the house and anyone who has envied great scrap rooms should have an idea of what colors I would have in mind. But, I don't plan to move from this house for a very, very, very long time. I feel like we are in the house and area that we want to stay in so there is always time to change it. The room is in the back corner of the house so it is out of view of the rest of the house so you can't really say it would clash with the rest of the house. We will have to see.

Wish me luck!

1 comments:

Dawn said...

Yeah!, your own room. I would think he would go for it too!