Rosary

These are the first 3 rosaries I have made, each a different method.

This one is the easiest to make and is done with spacer beads. This was a kit sent as a freebie from a rosary making company under the terms that you send it back to the Mission. I don't care for the gray, long spacer beads, but their are others kinds you can do. Certainly a fast rosary to make.

The second one I did is a cord rosary. This one isn't hard to do either, but it does take some work and practice to make the special knots that separate the our father beads. I don't think the white is very pretty, but they were the beads my Aunt in law gave me to try. I ordered lavender, pink, lt blue and aqua beads. I am going to make these type of rosaries to send to Missions that work with children.

The last one is by far the hardest. It is a chain link rosary. It took me 2 and half hours to make this compared to the 15-20 minutes it takes to make the other ones. I didn't want to use the plastic mission beads like in the above picture so I went to the craft store and bought the green and clear ones. I am glad I only bought enough supplies to make 10 of these. They are pretty, but sure are a lot of work.

TFL

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty. I like the green one!

It does look a little time consuming but the end result looks great!

Can you send that link to me that you send sick children cards, I might start doing that.

D

Anonymous said...

I've been wanting to make my own japa beads (sort of Hindu rosary), but we have 109 beads and it's hard to get a block of time together. Yours look great!