Ladybugs and Butterflys

I've been waiting for Cameron to be old enough to buy her a ladybug and a butterfly habitat. You mail in a form for ladybug and butterfly larvae and food. It gives you instructions and you watch as the ladybugs and butterflys form and then you set them free. An awesome learning experience in my opinion. Lately Cameron has been asking and talking a lot about farm and zoo animals. She wants to know where certain animals live, what they eat, things they do ie: penguins live in the cold, eat fish, can't fly, slide on their bellies etc. I think this would be a great time to do the ladybugs and butterflies. So in the spring time I am going to purchase the ladybug habitat and see how that works out. If we get live ladybugs from it then we will do the butterflies. If they work I think she would really enjoy watching the whole process.

0 comments: