Poor Kitty

While sitting in my friends office at work this morning I had glanced out the window and noticed a cat laying the middle of a busy road. It must have just been hit because I always glance out that window and I did not see it first thing this morning. It was kind of like it just appeared from no where. We watched to see if it was moving, but it didn't look like it.

I hate to see people's pets being slaughtered in the road from cars continuously running over it. So I put some rubber gloves on and went out to get the poor thing. I stroked the top of it's head but he/she was gone. The cat looked fine on the outside except for a little blood by it's mouth. I picked it up and laid it on the grass on the side of the road. I know that was someones pet, it was a beautiful cat. How horrible would it be for the owners to drive by and see there pet mangled along the middle of the road. The guilt would have got to me had I not gone out there and moved it.

Someone came along later in the day and picked it up. I didn't see who.... either the road kill guy or the owners I would guess. Poor kitty. :o(

0 comments: