Books Are Good



This past Saturday Cameron read to me while I was cleaning the kitchen. She read One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish and Green Eggs and Ham all by herself. Her reading continues to amaze me everyday. Earlier that morning I had been telling her about one of my favorite books as a kid, Are you my Mother? I told her we would look for it at the store. As luck would have it, Target had them on sale for $5.00 (normally $8.99) so I bought one for her and she enjoys reading it to us. Last week she started taking Accelerated Reader tests at school. She has to check out an AR book from the library, read it at home with us a couple of times and then take a 5 question comprehension test on it. If she gets all 5 questions correct she earns a half of a point. She needs to earn 9 points in the next 9 weeks so she will need to ace 2 tests a week. So we will be doing a lot of reading around here!

Reading

0 comments: