Stampin Up Fall- Winter Collection 2007

The catalogs have arrived.
The retirement party was a success.
The July newsletter has gone out.
My wish list has been made.
The catalog is online and you we can officially places orders.
Now that I finally have some time, here is my review of the new catty.

Presentation- I like the over all look of the catalog. The samples are stellar and very fresh. My favorite 'change' in the catalog is the color section. They have put little pictures to show the markers, ink pads, refills paper etc.. It makes it easier to find the picture than that little print. I am a little concerned about the quality of the catty though. I have heard some reports of the covers falling off. I have only flipped through mine about a dozen times and there is a lot of wear showing on the spine already. I think it is a good thing that they only have to last 6 months.

New Tools- I am thrilled that SU has put out a circle scalloped punch!! I would like to get the trio flower punch, but can not justify the price of the punch box set right now. My hope is that the punch box will retire at the end of December and they will put the punch in the Spring- Summer catalog.
The build-a-brad kit looks like an interesting product, but take note that this kit is not available. They had some quality issues with the product so they are not going to sell it as of right now.
I love the pretties kit. I think I am going to purchase this in the Spring assuming it makes it into the next catalog. I would like to get some reviews on it first. This is a kit of white flowers that can be colored with reinkers, chalks and watercolor crayons. It also includes, pearls, beads, rhinestones and hat pins.
I think the new colored rhinestones are pretty, but I have not yest seen them in person and would prefer to before I purchase them.

Paper- The new designer series paper is lovely. I really like the bold colors in several of the packs. A cool new edition is the Prints designer series paper. There are 12 designs on doubled sided paper and you can get it in 16 different color packs.
Textured cardstock! That's right, SU now has 12x12 textured cardstock in color family assortment packs.
I noticed a heafty jump in price with the Simply Scrappin kits. This is due to some changes in the kits. They now come with the textured cardstock. The pattern paper is double sided so you are getting 4 different prints instead 2 and you are receiving 6 sheets of pattern paper rather than just 4. So there has been some upgrades to go with the up'd price.

Other- I like the chipboard and the 2 sizes of clipboards.

Stamps- Obviously there is a wealth of new stamps to be found in the catalog considering the number of sets that just retired. I am pretty pleased with what they have. There are a lot of flowers in various styles, and a lot of doodley type sets. Of course there are several pages of new Christmas stamps and there are several new alphabet sets.

Let Downs- There are some let downs in my opinion.
Thumbs Down I was expecting a Fall-Winter catalog to have a lot more fall sets then what is in there.
Thumbs Down I am not overly excited about any of the new animal sets that were added.
Thumbs Down I am also not real crazy about the brocade stuff (stamps or paper). I think you really have to have a taste for that style.
Thumbs Down I think the new selection of background stamps was a miss. I can only hope more make it into the next catty.
Thumbs Down I no longer find their grosgrain ribbon to be a great buy. It was nice to see them cut it back from 25 yards to 15 yards, but it is only $1.00 cheaper.
Thumbs Down And I am not really understanding the SU brand of the Crop-A-Dile. I will be interested to see if this becomes a hot product from SU.

So there are my thoughts on the new 2007 Fall - Winter Collection.

0 comments: