Nifty Store- Not So Nifty Costumers

While I was out this morning I decided to go by a store I had been eyeing for a while called Paper Moon. It's a pretty cool store that basically has a lot of custom items. They had painted martini glasses, note pads with cute sayings, bags you get embroidered with whatever, super cute invitations to have printed up for every kind of occasion. I found the cutest quilted backpack that I want to get for Cameron. Anyhow, nifty store-lots of girly stuff and I spent a lot of time looking at everything.

The whole time I was in there a lady with her 3? maybe 4 year old daughter and the daughters friend were also there. These little girls were all over the store. There is a good bit of breakables every where and they are playing from one end of the store to the other while mom is looking at invitations in the back corner of the store. The girls would take off and 'hide' and would wait for the mother to start counting after she had called them 10 times before they would come out.

They touched and played with everything, included taking half the stuffed animals off a rack and playing with them under a display table. They sat on the floor and pulled all these ceramic alphabet titles out of little bins and I am sure not one of them went back in the right container.

For 15 minutes I listened to this lady repeat these sentences
"Come on we have to get to gymnastics, we're going to be late"
"Put all these toys away where you got them"
"*girl name 1* *girl name 2* do you hear me?"
"Come back over here right now"

OH.MY.GOD. I wanted to smack this woman upside the head and take away her parent card. I could not believe she let her children run around this store like she did. She had no control over them what so ever and allowed them to get into things just to keep them in one spot and busy while she shopped. I was seriously appalled by this woman.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

I am just shaking my head!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»